Mitigate the Effects of Climate Change
Are you using or transitioning to renewable energy sources?
Yes, currently using.
What renewable energy resources are you switching to?
Are you growing seaweed for livestock feed additives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
Are you monitoring or conducting research into carbon uptake by seaweeds?
Supports Global Ecosystems and Coexists with Wildlife
What measures do you put in place to limit entanglement or impact on wildlife?
- Reduce lines in the water
- Site lines close to shore
- Wildlife interaction response training & team
How does your operation impact the local environment?
- Improve biodiversity
- Actively create habitat
Do you support or lead any habitat or ecosystem restoration projects?
Treats workers with respect and fairness; Advances gender equality and women’s empowerment
Do you have a policy to protect workers from bonded or forced labor, trafficking, or child labor?
Do you provide health care or equivalent?
Yes, and offer other benefits.
Please check all that describe your working conditions and workplace expectations
- Pay Fair & competitive wages
- Conduct Workplace hazard and safety analysis/audit
- Workplace Trainings (safety, environmental, or social)
- Established Grievance Process
How do you further gender equality and women’s empowerment?
- Ensure pay equity
- Equal Opportunity hiring and access to advancement or leadership positions
Do you engage in mentorship?
Do you mentor people from traditionally underserved, marginalized, or unsupported groups?
- First Nations/Indigenous groups
Positively impacts water resources and nutrient cycles
What measures do you take to ensure high water quality?
- Water Quality Monitoring
- No inputs or feed
- Natural filtration
How else does your farm benefit water resources?
- Increased water quality monitoring in region
- No Freshwater Use
Builds resilience and opportunity in local communities
Do you work with, employ, or buy from small holder farmers?
How do you assess and improve your community engagement and impact?
- Community outreach programs
- Have an accessible system for community participation in resource management and decision making
- Work with indigenous/First Nation communities and uphold indigenous livelihoods
- Work with and/or educate regulators and policy makers
Do you share or loan equipment with members of your community?
Preserves the quality and story of the product throughout the supply chain
What parts of the product’s identity are preserved and included in the final product branding?
- Face (the people who grow the food)
- Place (where it is grown)
- Practices (production method/processing)
Builds Markets for Solutions Beyond Food
Do you produce and sell non-food products?
- Livestock Feed Additives