Mitigate the Effects of Climate Change
What are you doing to address emissions associated with transportation?
- Currently reducing air freight to ship products
Are you using or transitioning to renewable energy sources?
Yes, using and increasing
What renewable energy resources are you switching to?
Supports Global Ecosystems and Coexists with Wildlife
What measures do you put in place to limit entanglement or impact on wildlife?
- Non-lethal predator barriers
- Wildlife interaction response training & team
Do you support or lead any habitat or ecosystem restoration projects?
Yes, by contributing funds to conservation projects.
What following measures do you have in place to prevent escapes?
- Double netting everywhere
- Escape Contigency Plan
- Emergency Nets/Barriers
- Camera Monitoring
- Regular net/barrier inspection
- Visual monitoring
What sustainable feed models/practices do you use?
- Fish meal/oil sourced from trimmings from certified wild fisheries
- Certified Organic Feed (Can. or EU)
- Supporting alternative feeds sources
- Reducing FIFO/feed conversion ratio
- Feed is certified non-GMO
- Feed supplier has assessed and mitgated risk of deforestation or land conversion for feed production.
Positively impacts water resources and nutrient cycles
How do you prevent/minimize fish waste (nutrients) from accumulating and being lost to the environment?
- Monitor nitrogen and phosphorus levels
- Site placement for effluence
- Sensor monitored feeding schedule
- Feed formulatio
Promotes a healthy and safe growing environment for a safe food source
Do you reguarly test for contaminants?
Do test results reflect safe and healthy levels of contaminants?
- Low/neglible PCBs
- Low/negligible Heavy Metals
- Low Mercury levels <0.15 µg/g
What pest/disease management practices do you use to maintain a healthy environment?
- Never feed anti-microbial or anti-parasitic medications
Advances animal welfare
What feed practices are in place to improve fish welfare?
- Appropriate feed for fish
- Regular feeding schedule
What environmental conditions do you enable for fish well-being?
- Optimized density based on species and life stage
What monitoring practices do you use to ensure fish health and welfare?
- Nutrient/water quality monitoring
- Video/sensor monitoring
- Monitoring for biometrics
- Daily visual monitoring
Do you use humane harvesting techniques (stun before slaughter, reduce time between stunning and slaughtering)?
Enhances Flavor and Nutrition
Please select the nutrient characteristics of your fish.
What handling measures do you take to preserve texture, flavor, and nutrition?
Treats workers with respect and fairness; Advances gender equality and women’s empowerment
Do you have a policy to protect workers from bonded or forced labor, trafficking, or child labor?
Do you provide health care or equivalent?
Please check all that describe your working conditions and workplace expectations
- Pay Fair & competitive wages
- Conduct Workplace hazard and safety analysis/audit
- Workplace Trainings (safety, environmental, or social)
- Established Grievance Process
How do you further gender equality and women’s empowerment?
- Ensure pay equity
- Equal Opportunity hiring and access to advancement or leadership positions
- Sufficient Maternity/Paternity Leave
Do you engage in mentorship?
Do you mentor people from traditionally underserved, marginalized, or unsupported groups?
- Women and/or gender non-binary people
Builds resilience and opportunity in local communities
Do you work with, employ, or buy from small holder farmers?
Do you support education or job training programs?
- We provide or lend resources to occupational training programs
- We offer scholarships to students
How do you assess and improve your community engagement and impact?
- Have an accessible system for community participation in resource management and decision making
- Work with and/or educate regulators and policy makers
Do you share or loan equipment with members of your community?
Preserves the quality and story of the product throughout the supply chain
What parts of the product’s identity are preserved and included in the final product branding?
- Face (the people who grow the food)
- Place (where it is grown)
- Practices (production method/processing)
What traceability measures are in place to ensure quality and provide full transparency to buyers and consumers?
- System allows transparency – key data and documentation can flow between steps/actors of the supply chain
- Work with partners who have shared traceability goals and/or systems